Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grant!!

100_2096

On Saturday night, my good friend and fellow X-8 brother Grant celebrated his 50th birthday in a big way with a catered affair at his deluxe accommodations on Walnut Street.

The Fluted Mushroom furnished delightful delicacies, such as chicken slathered with orange barbeque sauce, stuffed mushrooms, and spring rolls, as well as professional service of said goodies and cold adult beverages.

Hamburgers cooked to perfection on Grant’s fabulous infrared grill were prepared for Pittsburgh friends, as well as friends and family who made the trip from Canada to honor the birthday boy.

It was great to meet some of the folks who play big parts in Grant’s life. The good feeling floated across his backyard like the smoky haze from the cooking burgers.

However, the party ended much too early for me after I suddenly became dizzy. It was fortunate that I decided to sit on a large cooler because no sooner than my friend Richard asked me if I was OK, I fell over in a dead faint.

I also was lucky that Grant and his friend, Chris, are doctors and took command. They then appraised my situation and summoned paramedics.

Because my blood pressure was abnormally low, everyone advised me to take a trip to the Shadyside Hospital ER.

It turns out I was dehydrated. I neglected my hydration program Saturday and paid the price on a sultry summer evening. But an IV quickly set things right.

Even though I was quite embarrassed by what happened I’m just glad it didn’t put a damper on the festivities, because I know that Grant and his ladylove Katie had worked hard to put it all together.

But I’m immensely more happy that I had good friends to look out for me in my time of need.

There’s no price you can put on that.

Anyway, here’s wishing Grant a happy birthday. I’ve already got his 65th penciled in my social calendar.

(Along with the photo above, I’ve posted a few party shots at Flickr. Although they were captured early in the evening – and I got none of the man of the hour – there are some fun snaps. Check them out if you are so inclined.)

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, air max, tiffany and co, kate spade outlet, kate spade handbags, gucci outlet, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, air max, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, louis vuitton, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp handbags, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louboutin, longchamp handbags, coach outlet store online, louboutin, prada outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, prada handbags

oakleyses said...

vans shoes, nfl jerseys, wedding dresses, ghd, celine handbags, longchamp, ugg boots, abercrombie and fitch, lululemon outlet, uggs outlet, herve leger, ugg pas cher, chi flat iron, ugg australia, north face outlet, canada goose, north face jackets, mont blanc, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, new balance shoes, instyler, soccer shoes, babyliss pro, ferragamo shoes, mac cosmetics, rolex watches, insanity workout, p90x, bottega veneta, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose uk, canada goose, nike huarache, canada goose outlet, canada goose, reebok outlet, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, hollister, asics running shoes, birkin bag, marc jacobs, nike roshe run

oakleyses said...

air max, juicy couture outlet, parajumpers, toms shoes, vans, moncler, montre homme, converse, pandora charms, pandora charms, moncler, thomas sabo, gucci, moncler, moncler, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, hollister, ugg, wedding dresses, links of london, oakley, swarovski, moncler, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, lancel, canada goose, louis vuitton, iphone 6 cases, karen millen, ray ban, moncler, rolex watches, supra shoes, hollister clothing store, converse shoes, air max, canada goose, hollister, timberland boots, louboutin, ralph lauren, swarovski crystal, coach outlet store online, ugg